Clarus

Introducing Clarus!
Clarus 
Clarus is my first top-down triangle shawl. Can you believe it? I was so surprised when I realized I had never designed a shawl with this shaping... I think I thought I did, but it must have been a dream! Clarus is built with symmetrical two triangles separated by a center panel. Since it starts from the top down you cast on a small number of stitches, and then start increasing for the triangles on each side as you work. The same lace stitch is echoed throughout the whole piece so once you get the hang of it you are good to go! The gently ruffled border is worked seamlessly off the body of the shawl. The pattern is written in two different sizes, for two different weight yarns... possibilities abound!
  Clarus
Clarus is the second of two designs I did for my lace class with Craftsy... so if you want to knit it, but think you need support, signing up for my class would be the way to go! Why did I knit this in two different weights?  One of the things I really wanted to do in the class was to show how different lace can look when you change the weight of your yarn... working with lace weights can be more challenging but the end result is certainly stunning.
Clarus
Oh, but wait, you want to hear about the yarn, right? The white "shawlette" version is knit with one skein of Shalimar Yarns Breathless in Oyster... this cashmere blend is a new fav of mine. If you ever see this yarn, buy a skein, you really want it in your stash to pet and then knit with! Really you do!
Clarus
The second version is knit in Handmaiden's newest yarn Marakeesh in Amethyst, a silk camel blend that is delightful to work with. This was my first time working with a Handmaiden yarn, and it definitely won't be my last. The camel fibers helped the silk from being too slippery and added a dimensionality to the fiber keeping the lace from looking too flat. The silk gives it incredible sheen AND takes the dye stunningly, this fiber combo is uniquely beautiful!

Come back tomorrow, there is going to be a giveaway... for yarn (and patterns) of course!

Comments

  1. OMG! I am so excited to find my way here!! I will be browsing around for awhile now! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful shawl. I need a lace shawl in my life. I am anxious to knit my first lace shawl. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lace knitting and hope to take your class for pointers. Would be new to charts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Clarus shawlette is such a beautiful design, especially in the heavier weight yarn. The lighter color also really showcased the lace pattern. I have done some lace knitting and came across your blog when searching for my fall project. I can't wait to get a hold of the pattern...

    urhame@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both shawls are beautiful and I have been wanting to try the Sweet Georgia yarn! I love knitting lace but sometimes feel overwhelmed. Looking forward to learning some pointers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love lace, and am signing up for your masterclass on craftsy. I'm in love with the Skywalker shawl so the Sweet Georgia Cash Silk Lace would be my first choice. Also so love the Clarus Shawl and the Shalimar Yarns Breathless in Oyster sounds stunning. Wow...Maybe Clarus should be my first choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking for a pretty lace shawl since last year. I'm new to craftsy and etsy and you're the first person to truely inspire me and I'm encouraged to take on more of a challenge in my knitting!
    I'd say this is the one for me.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment