Pathways Collection: A Collaboration with Kelbourne Woolens

I'm sure you've been seeing hints about the Pathways Collection over the last few months.... and it is time to celebrate its release!  It has been a long time since I did a collection with a yarn company and I absolutely ADORED working with Kate and Courtney at Kelbourne Woolens on it.  When I worked at Schaefer Yarn I often designed collections around a specific yarn and after the release of Knockout Knits it was refreshing to return to a project that brought me back to my designing roots.

The Pathways Collection plays with Kelbourne Woolens newest release Road to China Lace and has designs that go from simple to complex. I designed and knit the collection while I traveled this summer and fall. While I was on the road I thought about home, a lot, and invoked it in every piece. The 4 designs in the collection are named for favorite roads I ride my bike along (when weather permits). I closed my eyes and invoked their landscape, traveling their pathways while I knit away! (It's a skill, knitting with your eyes closed... works better in garter than lace : )!)

If you know my work you know I love to help make you all better knitters, so every design teaches, explores new constructions, and keeps your mind active while you knit!

Oh, and the yarn?  Road to China Lace is the laceweight version of one of my favorite yarns... it is  soft, has incredible drape and just floats off the needles. Most of these designs need only 1 skein as there is a whopping 656 yards on each skein... so if you run into it on your travels pick one up! (The large sizes of Stillwell and Vesa need 2 skeins.)

Covert Cowl
Stillwell Shawl (shown in large)
Prospect Shrug (sized)
Vesa Shawl (small and large)

All four of these designs are up on Ravelry and ready to be purchased and knit... head over to see LOTS more photos of them, read details, and think about which you want to make first! I can't wait to hear... I'm setting up a thread in my Ravelry group for questions/support, and any of these patterns are eligible to be knit in the 1st Quarter KAL.

Starting next Tuesday there will be a daily in depth discussion of each of these 4 designs on the Kelbourne Woolens Blog... keep an eye out. You'll get to learn about my inspirations, techniques learned, fashion tips for wearing them and more!

Comments

  1. CONGRATS Laura on this AWESOMESAUCESTUNNINGSAUCE Collection

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing patterns Laura...each one is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to pick just one to start - they are all gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. landscapes and knitting - two of my favorite things. congrats on the new collection laura, they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Wow, Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment